Stevens American Graduate Experience
The Stevens American Graduate Experience is an exclusive summer enrichment program for Stevens’ graduate students to immerse themselves in American language, culture, and academics prior to classes at Stevens in the fall semester. The program runs Friday, July 19th through Friday, August 2nd.
The total cost of the program is $3,000. This covers:
• Two and half weeks of housing in a Stevens’ on-campus residence hall
• Meals for two weeks and half weeks
• Admission and transportation costs to famous New York City landmarks
• Transportation and tours of local student neighbors and communities
• Two weeks of enhanced English language skill development
• All necessary classroom supplies
• Airport pick-up on July 16th, 17th, or 18th at Newark Liberty International Airport
• Personalized career development presentations and workshops
• An individual overview of all necessary international student paperwork and requirements
• Two and half weeks of organized American cultural enrichment events
• Private networking opportunities with Stevens faculty and administration
Applications are now available for the 2013 SAGE program.
Please click the link below and fill out the information form.
You will be contacted by our program coordinator
and be able reserve your spot in the program TODAY!
The Stevens American Graduate Experience was designed to assist new graduate students from all across the globe transition into life as a graduate student in America.
Many new students enter the United States and can find the process of living, learning, and adjusting to American culture to be difficult. The Stevens American Graduate Experience is designed to address all three areas of new student’s needs.
Living next to New York City has a tremendous amount of advantages, but it also presents a unique problem for Stevens graduate students; finding adequate housing options. For two weeks students in the program will live in Stevens’ residence halls while getting a two week head start on meeting with local housing contacts to find fall semester lodging.
Students will have the opportunity during the day to participate in a language development program. Not only designed to improve conversation skills, this language component focuses on enhancing students’ academic, business, and cultural understandings. Participants will discover important classroom and industry specific vocabulary, giving them an advantage even before the first day of class.
Although you cannot learn everything about America in two weeks, during the Stevens American Graduate Experience our staff of student life professionals will help you start transitioning into American cultural. Additionally, the staff will provide tips and tricks on maneuvering around New York City and New Jersey.
You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with Career Development professionals to beginning planning your professional success, work with the Office of Student Employment to try and find suitable on campus employment, and network with faculty and staff to start building those long lasting relationships needed for success in graduate school.
The Stevens American Graduate Experience program offers a variety of benefits to participants, including:
• Academic and industry specific language enhancement
• Two and half weeks of Stevens’ Residence Hall accommodations
• Professional assistance for finding off-campus housing options for the fall semester
• Personalized meetings with the Office of Career Development
• Exclusive networking and advising opportunities with faculty and administrators
• Visits to world famous New York City landmarks
• Airport pick-up on July 16th, 17th or 18th at Newark Liberty International Airport
• Personalized Stevens apparel and program materials
• And much, much more!
Registration for Summer 2013 is now open! Fill out the information form to be contacted by our program coordinator.
If you have questions please contact:
Stevens American Graduate Experience