Ph.D. Conference Funding
The Ph.D. Conference Fund is designed to provide doctoral students with financial support to present their research at national and international conferences. Conference presentation enable students to refine their professional communication skills and to network with colleagues in their area of study.
The Ph.D. Conference Fund should be considered a partial source support. All applicants are encouraged to seek funds from other sources, including the conference where they will be presenting, their advisor, their department, and/or their college. The Ph.D. Conference Fund award is $1500.
1. Applicant must be a registered Ph.D. student at Stevens Institute of Technology at the time of the conference.
2. Applicant must be participating by presenting their work. The conference must take place after March 1, 2016. Students cannot receive funding for conferences that have taken place prior to March 1, 2016.
3. Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
4. Applicant must have completed at least 4 full semesters as a Ph.D. student at Stevens Institute of Technology to be eligible for funding.
5. Applicant must be currently enrolled in the Ph.D. program at Stevens Institute of Technology on the date of the conference.
6. Ph.D. students may only receive Ph.D. Conference Funding once during their academic career at Stevens.
Complete the Ph.D. Conference Fund Application Form and submit the following documents:
Letter of recommendation from your advisor or department chair indicating why you deserve funding
Written confirmation from the conference organizer confirming that you are presenting at the conference
Link to the conference website or copy of the conference brochure
An outline of the estimated cost of your travel and accommodation
A 300- 500 word essay detailing why you should be selected for the Ph.D. Conference Fund
If you are unable to upload any of the above documents through the online application form, you may bring hard copies to the Office of Graduate Student Affairs (Howe Center, 5th Floor). Please be sure that any documents submitted outside of this application include your name and the date you submitted your application. Applications will only be reviewed once they have been received in their entirety. Please note: Being unable to upload your document(s) does not waive the application deadline.
All applications are due in their entirety by February 24, 2016.
All applications will be reviewed by the Vice Provost for the Office of Academics and the Office of Graduate Student Affairs beginning Thursday, February 25. Six applicants will be selected for the Ph.D. Conference Fund. All applicants will be notified with a decision by Tuesday, March 1.